Saturday, December 3, 2011

10 Things I Miss From When I Was Younger

 We all have to grow up (at least age-wise) but I like to think I still have some little kid left in me. Being here at school and studying for finals, really makes me miss some of the things I had or believed when I was little...So here are the top 10 things I miss.

10. I miss the TV shows that we had when I was little.
Loved Pinky and the Brain...

Is it bad that I had a crush on Shawn? 

I was Patty Mayonnaise for Halloween two years ago...and who doesn't miss Skeeter?!
Me and my suitemate during our first year at UVA with me as Patty Mayonnaise and  Lauren as Quailman
                                                      
And last but not least Saved by the Bell of course! How could you resist a nerd like Screech?
9. I miss writing letters to my friends for their birthdays, and writing to my grandparents. I had lined stationary. I would write to my parents while at camp too.

8. I miss disposable cameras that you had to take to the store to get the pictures developed. When you picked them up you got real, concrete pictures and not data on the computer. I know digital cameras are faster, less expensive for developing, and easier to use, but something about carrying those pictures when I was younger made me feel so cool.
This is what my first real camera looked like that I got when I was about 7 years old.  Gotta love film..
7. I miss not having to wear a bra... enough said

6. I miss being able to carry around a stuffed animal and not be judged. Being comforted by some imaginary friend and not worrying whether it was weird or unnatural. It felt good back then to be able to have fun with my friends and their stuffed animals too! haha
Exhibit A : Me and my lamb named Molly
(I named all my stuffed animals rhyming with olly)

5. I miss getting money for little things like losing my tooth and putting it under my pillow for the tooth fairy and finding the afikomen (for all you Jews). I also miss believing in the tooth fairy..
I remember one time my mom forgot to replace the tooth with money and I went to her the next morning upset because the tooth fairy didn't come, so she told me that the tooth fairy gave her the money to give to me...classic.

4. I miss playing violin concerts with my sister for my mom for the holidays, and if it didn't sound good people were still impressed. 

3. I miss playing with my barbies..
One of my favorite barbies when growing up...as a result she didn't get a haircut like most of my other barbies
My other favorite barbie growing up. I think I loved her sparkly green platform shoes the best...

2. I miss when putting band aids on my boo boos made everything feel better. (And trust me my mom always had a constant supply since every time I even partially twisted some limb or scratched myself, a band aid always worked to get me to stop crying)

1. I miss not caring about more than what flavor my ice cream was or what color I was drawing with. When I didn't have to understand and inform myself with the doings of the world or politics. I would play with my friends with no cares in the world and eat whatever I wanted.
My preschool dance recital singing The Ants Go Marching. The two girls on the right are still two of my best friends. Note how I am rocking a skort-- LOVE 


No comments:

Post a Comment