Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Visit with my Sister and Mr. A-Z

So this weekend has been a busy one! Especially if you include Monday as well. 

On Saturday I worked at the lovely LOFT from 12:30-6:30, and it was quite busy thanks to the busy shoppers who are buying lots of gifts for their family and friends. 

On Sunday, my mom and I went to visit my sister in Arlington, as we don't get to see her that often and everyone always needs a girls day every once in a while. We went The Liberty Tavern for a wonderful Sunday brunch, where my mom ordered us all mimosas and a grand buffet of all the possible brunch items you can think of and more. The bartender noted to one of the customers that the orange juice was for color not flavor--the perfect way to make a mimosa. My favorite part of the meal was the delicious white pizza with caramelized onions, ham, and pears as well as the applewood smoked bacon. 

As that was our only meal for the day, the three of us decided that the rest of the afternoon would be best spent at Loehmann's, our safehaven for shopping in NOVA. We spent a good 3 hours shopping there, each of us getting only a few, precious items. As I have been ruining shoes for a good 2 semesters at UVA without rain boots, I finally decided to get some, as well as a cute Free People shirt. My mom and I then headed home tired and full from a great day with my sister.

On Monday, after spending the morning with my best friend Stacey, my other best friend Elyssa came to Richmond from Norfolk to go to a Jason Mraz concert benefiting SPARC. 

Elyssa and I before the concert started getting our smiles on

Elyssa being goofy...again..


It was downtown and was awesome. Although, Mr. A-Z really did need a haircut, his voice was phenomenal and we snacked on pretzel M&Ms while watching some talent...I need to find a husband that can serenade me like that!


This morning, Elyssa and I then went to Boychik's Deli with my dad for a delicious breakfast of eggs, hash browns, and bagels. We then ventured to Costco where I purchased a new camera :) Lots of pictures to come from that one..trust me on that

Elyssa then had to leave to go celebrate Chanukah with her family, as I did with mine. So my dad and I spent the evening cooking potato latkes and pork tenderloin...ironic? 
Happy First Night of Chanukah!!


No comments:

Post a Comment