Sunday, December 11, 2011

What I Am Looking Forward To Over Break...

I get to go home to Richmond in 2 days!! I am so excited to play with my puppy and celebrate the holidays with my family (and there is always the plus that I don't have to study for finals anymore). I have compiled a bunch of things that I am looking forward to for break until I have to come back in January for spring semester and sorority recruitment.

I am most excited for my trip to CANCUN! I am going with one of my best friends Kristen, my mom, and another family that I have known my entire life. We are staying in an all-inclusive resort called Hacienda Tres Rios and staying there over New Years! I am so excited to just soak up the sun and celebrate New Years in Mexico this year! I also get a 30-min massage included in the package and unlimited drinks...the life I live...(Although I am basically going to have to devote the next 2 weeks to working out and eating almost nothing so that I look good for the beach)

I am also so ready to play with my puppies that I haven't seen since Thanksgiving. I just want to cuddle with them and play with the one thing that will always love me! My beagle and my coton!

I want to make these Santa hat brownies :)

Aren't they jus so adorable?! I wish they made blue strawberries
so that I could make them Chanukah colored..
Even though the recipe tells you a whole recipe for frosting and whatnot..I am just probably going to be lazy and use my favorite Ghiradelli box recipe, buy some amazing Ukrops frosting, and cut the strawberries! So excited!!! (I hope they turn out okay)


I also get to work this winter break at LOFT at Short Pump, which I don't know if I am that excited for it but I am excited for the money that I will get paid so I can buy a couple of things that I want such as:
- A new camera (Either going for the Canon sx230hs - compact zoom or a rugged Tough camera so I can take it anywhere...still deciding)
- Some new perfume (I really want Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb)
- A kindle (I read wayyyyy too much)

I am hoping to go to NY to visit my cousins this winter break right around Christmas so hopefully it will work out and I won't have to work at LOFT too much. I love visiting my cousins up there and it doesn't seem like I get to see them as much as I would like..and we always have so much fun! My brother and sister are going up there so I might as well join in!

I am excited to do some crafts this break..my room at school needs an overhaul on one of the walls (otherwise known as there is nothing on it) so Kylene and I are going to get some crafts over break and when we get back decorate it! I am so excited to go to Ben Franklin Crafts (which I feel like is only in Richmond) and Hobby Lobby to buy lots of decorations so our room is pretty for sratty recruitment! 
I also am making the name tags for the second round of our recruitment for ZTA. This is all kind of my way of easing my brain into taking 4 science classes next semester and nothing artsy fartsy.

I am really excited to do no work..After taking 2 exams yesterday (one at 9am and one at 2pm) I have realized that I deserve a break plus some...I have 2 more to go and then I am done for months!

I kind of want to relearn cursive handwriting..I think I am going to buy one of those books at barnes and noble and reteach my hand how to do it so when I write something, it looks more eloquent...therefore sounds better :)

I also might pick up my violin when I am home and see how bad I have gotten; see if its possible for me to be decent again. I haven't played in 3 1/2 years and I just want to fiddle a little...maybe play some Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire

So here's to a great winter break and getting through these last 2 finals so that I can get to go home and do whatever I feel like!



No comments:

Post a Comment