Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What Did I Really Learn this Fall?

As I sit in the last class of the semester I wonder if I have actually really learned anything in the long run from any of my classes..After learning organic chemistry structures and about foreign language acquisition in children I'm curious as to how I will actually use this information in my daily life. 
Here are the things that I believe I could possibly use in the future even if I end up working in a random job that has nothing to do with my education.

3. I have some interesting drawing skills and can draw hexagons quite well now.. thank you Orgo!

2. If I ever have kids, I know how to make them learn language really fast and make them baby geniuses. It will be a bit of time though before I think of anything like that. Oh child psychology...

1. As much as I like to think that I can draw hexagons, I am definitely not a talented artist and I never probably will be. (Thank you Psychology of Art for boosting my self-esteem)

How unfortunate is it that I can only come up with really only 3 useful things from this semester, and they aren't really that useful. I am sure there is more but it seems that this semester might come in handy in grad school and later in life when I am not experiencing college life. 

On the other side of things, these are the things that helped me get through this semester:

1. My iphone has been my lifesaver between getting emails right away on the go and taking pictures whenever I want, I have never been happier. I also have done a good number of psychology readings on it.

2. My watch (a beautiful birthday gift from my sister and my mom) has been one of the best gifts I have ever gotten. If you don't have one...get one.. I actually get to class on time. 

3. My roomie Kylene has been a great study buddy this semester. She has also kept me sane and pointed out all my quirks...at least she can't say she didn't know what she was getting into.
Kylene and I at our ZTA Pearl Trunk Show on the lawn at UVA to support Breast Cancer Research!

4. The meals cooked by our lovely ZTA chefs Dianah and Kim have made my stomach so happy this semester! My favorite meals so far would have to be the eggs Kim cooks for me in the morning with cheese, peppers, and tomatoes and the jumbalaya (which we had tonight! yum!).

5. Last but not least my Backstreet Boys radio station on Pandora has gotten me through some rough walks to exams and to class. I think next semester I might mix it up with my new Jason Mraz station, but for now I will pay tribute to the endless *NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, and The Click Five that I get to listen to!

No comments:

Post a Comment