Thursday, December 22, 2011

My Bookshelf..

So for Chanukah, my dad bought me a kindle and a cute case for it! YAY! But unfortunately I had gotten about 4 books from the public library before and now I can't find free versions of these books for the kindle since they are newer, yet I can't bring myself to buy them since I have free versions sitting on my "bookshelf" (otherwise known as wherever in my room I decided to store them). 
My new kindle in its box and ready for me to open!

My solution: read the hardcopy books and then go for the kindle (especially excited to read it in Cancun)

Here are the books that I believe I will be happy reading for pleasure this winter break:

1. Ender's Shadow (Book 6 of Orson Scott Card's Ender Series) I know that it is science fiction, but I have been getting into these books lately...less on the sci-fi side and more on the dystopian future side. If you have read Ender's Game though, this is a great sequel from the little guy's point of view..

2. Uglies : Recommended by a friend I am excited to read this dystopian society book about a girl who wants to get her surgery to become pretty but has to convince her friend to come back to society in order to get it...we will see..it could be interesting

3. Hunger Games Series: I have already read it (all three books in 4 1/2 days but it is so good that I might just read it again on my kindle. If you haven't read it...read it now! The movie comes out in March for the first one and I couldn't be more excited. Oh how I love Peeta and Gale...

4. Blue Bloods: A series about the rich and powerful vampires of Manhattan..it's not the best quality of books but gives me a fix for True Blood for now..I have read the first book and just downloaded the second one, Masquerade, from the public library database

5. I need to find some Jodi Piccoult or Nicholas Sparks book to throw myself into that can just be my emotional chick flick book of the season...why not?

I have already read these but if you haven't read the Sookie Stackhouse Series (the books which True Blood is based off of) then pick them up immediately. So much better than Twilight will ever be and much better than the TV show...let's just say if you like Eric..you will love these books! 

I hope I have enough time to do the other things I wanted to do while on break..hopefully this reading thing doesn't take up too much time...maybe I'll still buy a cursive handwriting book to do on the plane to Cancun? Because that won't weird out the guy sitting next to me...oh wait! That's my friend Kristen! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment